Thursday, October 23, 2008

Meetings

I dread meetings at organisational level, especially those that span the entire day and attempt to ram information by the bus loads. I had one such meeting yesterday and came away feeling worse for wear….

The agenda:
a) Financial Update by the Finance guys
b) Operations Issues by Ops Department
c) New HR Initiatives by HR Team
d) Enrichment Programmes’ Presentation
e) Any Other Matters
f) Questions, questions, answers, answers.....

By the time we ended at 7.00pm, I was totally drained. How can corporations make their meetings less information-focused but more interactive and thus, more effective?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe it's the Peter Principle at work in many corporations today.

It has never gone away and I doubt it ever will... ;-)

Cuppa Mocha said...

That's an interesting observation! As I mull over it, I can see this bureaucratic malady in my organisation too.....